Home » Careers
Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Code: QAE110121
Certify Data Systems, a leading edge venture backed health care IT company, is in one of the most exciting and growing sectors of the health care industry, Health Information Exchange (HIE). Our technology enables the electronic exchange of patient information between hospitals, physician practices and labs, enabling greater efficiencies throughout the healthcare industry and better patient care. The company’s breakthrough, patent-pending products are increasingly being adopted and deployed by renowned hospital systems. We are looking for top-performing candidates that are ready to support Certify’s explosive growth in a market that is securing significant investment dollars.
Summary of Duties:
Certify Data Systems is looking for a motivated Quality Assurance Engineer for its current suite of products. The candidate must have drive and initiative, and be capable of delivering high performance and highly scalable solutions in an agile environment.
- Develop test cases and plans to test the current suite of Certify’s products.
- Using a variety of tools, from internally developed to commercially available, automate testing for appropriate parts of Certify’s products.
- Collaborate with the Development team to help in problem reproduction, provide information related to the defects and help in resolution, and to inform the Development team of trouble areas.
- Log defects in issue system with clear and complete information.
- Participate in the review of user stories and unit test plans.
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- 3+ years work experience in software testing.
- Experience with black-box testing. Experience with white-box testing is a plus.
- Experience with Selenium.
- Elementary understanding of Java.
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting to support automated testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, strong problem solving skills.
- Experience in testing web-based applications and middleware.
- Familiarity with test automation and analysis tools
- Experience with databases, especially MySQL or ProgresQL.
- Experience working in fast growing startups is preferred.
- Experience with performance/load/stress testing.
- Excellent understanding of software development process and full product development cycle.
- Excellent communication skills, including documentation.
- Be a part of a self-organizing team; able to collaborate with Business and Development staff on projects.
- Agile development environment.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference job code: QAE110121 in the subject line.
Certify Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicant must be authorized to work for any U.S. company.